To assist sales and marketing management with communications media and advertising materials to effectively represent the company's products and services to customers and prospects.
1. Receives work assignments from Director of Marketing based on current needs, experience of the specialist and specialist's particular strengths in email, advertising or communications.
2. Meets with appropriate sales or marketing representative to discuss communication needs or participates as a member of the sales and marketing team.
3. Reviews literature in the assigned marketing project, previous marketing materials used in the assignment area, and gathers materials of competitive companies in the field.
4. Researches, writes, develops sketches of supporting graphics. Presents recommendations to Director of Marketing.
5. Where appropriate, arranges for the development of webinars and edits into a final movie format.
6. Writes draft press releases, blog, newsletters and case studies for review with senior management.
7. May develop and coordinate marketing packages—letters, brochures, video, in-person events.
8. Develops direct mail programs, as dictated by the assignment, and monitors roll-out of the campaign and checks for success level at conclusion.
9. Maintains CRM and develops database efficiencies. Creates target market lists and provides reports on campaign effectiveness.
1. May staff company booth or exhibit at trade and community fairs.
2. May be referral person for questions on department communications materials.
1. A bachelor's degree in journalism, advertising, marketing or communications.
2. At least two years of solid writing and editing experience, preferably within the technology industry.
3. Superior analytical skills, plus demonstrated skills to handle a variety of assignments simultaneously.
4. Ability to work under deadline pressure and extra hours if needed on assignments.
5. Must have an intermediate level of the following software: Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator), Microsoft Dynamics CRM (or comparable CRM) and SharePoint (or comparable CMS).
6. Preferable skills in: Video editing, CRM automation, CSS/HTML
Submit cover letter, resume and work portfolio to: Jennifer Bluemling, Director of Marketing, firstname.lastname@example.org (no phone calls please)