The Chief Technical Architect role is the highest technical role in each of B2B’s Practice Areas. It’s primarily a technical position, but it’s also a heavy sales support role. The Infrastructure CTA reports to the Infrastructure Practice Manager, and does not have direct reports. The CTA role is a stepping stone to the Practice Manager position which entails managing the entire practice.
Skills & Attributes:
· Ability to analyze customer needs, document requirements, and design technical solutions for enterprise environments. Note this is 80% of job.
· Ability to perform in a pre-sales role, working with a sales professional to assist in closing deals, scoping, estimating, and assisting in writing statements of work that clearly set expectations and limit risk. Note this is 20% of job.
· Strong written and verbal skills from both business and technical perspectives
· Experience implementing Microsoft Single Sign-on solutions (ADFS, DirSync, etc.)
· Migration/upgrade experience with messaging platforms (to Exchange)
· Microsoft “cloud” solutions (Office365)
· 13+ years experience
Expert knowledge of Microsoft’s current networking platform and supporting technologies including:
o Server hardware and configuration
o Microsoft Windows Server Operating Systems
o Microsoft Exchange 2007, 2010, 2013
o IP addressing and naming services (DHCP, DNS)
o Active Directory and group policy management
o Virtualization using Microsoft Hyper-V
Nice to have:
· Microsoft certification is highly desirable
· Previous consulting experience
· PowerShell experience
· Firewall experience (Microsoft ISA, TMG)
· Microsoft security software (Forefront)
· Microsoft “identity management” solutions (MIIS, ILM, FIM)
· Microsoft Lync
· 3rd party migration tools (e.g. Quest)
· Microsoft SharePoint 2010, 2013 experience
· Virtualization using VMWare
B2B Technologies is a consulting company, and our consultants work face-to-face with our customers, so in addition to being technically competent, our successful consultants have these important soft skills:
· Strong presence, personality and leadership
· Articulate, confident, poised
· Ability to mentor other team member
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Share B2B Technologies Content